Right behind Venus are the sun and moon, which join up for the new moon on Saturday at 7:32 AM EST.
November's new moon is a wonderful opportunity to delve deeply into exploration of our desires for the future and to put a good amount of vivid daydreaming into what those dreams may feel and look like. The sun and moon square Neptune in Pisces after having resumed its forward motion, bringing the possibility of creative visions and artistic inspiration, as well as a heightened ability to access intuition. With Jupiter - the ruling planet of Sagittarius - in Leo, we can pour our hearts into what we wish to create with playfulness and joy. This week's Venus-Neptune square is heightening the desire to get lost in pleasures, social interactions, and to immerse ourselves in things of beauty.
Mercury, the planet of the mind, communications, and perceptions, is squaring Jupiter as it moves through its final phase in Scorpio. We really are all likely to be thinking big now and will have a strong desire to communicate in general. This aspect is sextiled by steadfast and determined Mars in Capricorn, further igniting the desire to think, speak, and dream big; "Go big or go home" is a classic Sagittarian motto, and these aspects exaggerate that tendency even more! With Mercury still in Scorpio, there's a need to allow hidden elements and truths to surface as we move into creating that which our hearts desire.
Thankfully, this aspect has natural receptivity with Saturn, which is conjunct the new moon and Mercury-Jupiter. Saturn is wrapping up his work of "getting real" in matters of relationship, money, and shared resources in the end degrees of Scorpio and continuing to bless us with the ability to set healthy boundaries for ourselves in these areas. With the sun and moon moving forward in Sagittarius, these Saturnian lessons will ultimately aid us in setting necessary parameters within ourselves and in dealing with others to help propel us forward on in achieving our goals in a much more empowered way!
Saturn also injects a very healthy dose of realism into this new moon. While the ringed planet sometimes gets a bad wrap for being a restrictive or malefic astrological force, the wisdom and lessons that Saturn brings are what helps us manifest our dreams into physical reality. It is often said that one's greatest weaknesses are their strengths in overdrive; Sagittarius has a natural gift for rising to a place of broad perspectives of life and existence and gives birth to grandiose goals, but has a tendency to neglect the more mundane and equally important aspects of life (i.e. getting so caught up in abstract thoughts that you forget to pay the electric bill). The added prominence of Neptunian energies are bringing an even greater tendency to identify with illusions, and possibly with a victim/martyr mindset, or feeling that some dreams may be impossible or insurmountable. Saturn's involvement here may bring feelings of pessimism or doubt for some, but ultimately serves to ground and assist us with the planning and long-term commitment needed to bring goals to fruition.
To make the most out of this new moon - and to set intentions in moving forward - consider:
- What are my dreams and visions for the future? What would bring me a greater sense of joy, freedom, and expansion in life?
- Am I willing to allow myself time to explore these desires further through visualization (creating a vision board is perfect now!), creative play, journaling/creative writing, music, or dance?
- Am I willing to release any feelings of victimhood or martyrdom to move into a greater sense of faith in the coming weeks? Am I willing to cultivate more trust in the process of life and take practical steps to improve my life circumstances now?
- Am I willing to delve deeply into my intuition to allow insights and inspiration to come forward?
- What facts and circumstances do I need to consider before taking action?
- What new routines, structures, or personal boundaries must be put in place to achieve my goals? Is there concrete, daily action I can take to begin building that which I wish to create? (if you make that vision board, be sure to balance it with a pragmatic "to do" list to keep at least one foot in reality!)
**Want to know more about how to make the most of how the astro-atmosphere is impacting you? I am available for astrological consultations in person, or via Skype or phone. Please see "Rates, Specials, and Contact" tab for information. **