This year's Solstice/New Moon combined event is the beginning of a powerful cycle of manifestation and conscious creation that we can connect with for powerful results in 2015 (the last time a Winter Solstice coincided with a New Moon was in 2003, and the next will be in 2033!). Themes that are central to Capricorn such as dedication, commitment, and realism will all play out in the many planetary connections that are grounded in this sign for the new moon.
Stellium in Capricorn: Getting Serious in Career, Relationships, and Life Purpose
The Sun ingresses into Capricorn for the official First Day of Winter at 6:03 P.M. EST; the Moon joins the Sun at zero degrees Capricorn for the coinciding New Moon at 8:26 P.M. EST. Since Capricorn is a sign that centers on putting in the effort to make our dreams a reality, we will be supported in birthing our inner visions in profound ways over the coming year. This weekend and the days that immediately follow are an ideal time to create a quiet, meditative space to explore inner dreams and visions...and then make a list and action plan to see those dreams through to completion! Capricorn and Saturn impel us to review facts, stick to a plan, and endure any trials or hardships we might meet on the path to achieving our goals with strength and composure. 2015 will be a year of building dreams from the ground up, and will be especially auspicious for career and "life mission" types of endeavors. The birthing pangs may be uncomfortable, but Saturn teaches us that the work is well worth the satisfaction of seeing our long-term goals through to completion.
Perhaps the most significant energies woven into the existing New Moon themes are those brought by the stellium of Venus/Pluto/Mercury in Capricorn. Expect issues around relationships, money/shared resources, secrets, or deepening of commitments in personal and business partnerships to take center stage. These issues, in addition to possible lower-vibrational expressions of jealousy, manipulation, or power struggles began around December 17 and will continue through the Solstice. The asteroid goddess Vesta is also involved here, calling us to examine our interactions with others/our own values and material resources to align them with choices that benefit our whole selves. With Saturn at the final degree of Scorpio, honest assessments of needs and wants in relationships will bring necessary endings and subsequent new beginnings.
Venus and Pluto also form a sextile to Chiron, the asteroid of wounding and holistic healing. With Chiron in the deeply empathic sign of Pisces, the opportunity for deep healing in relationships of any kind will be available now; this aspect could open the doorway to sexual healing or healing that results from merging with the right people in any way, shape, or form. We might also experience significant changes in our relationship energies and approaches during 2015, since Capricorn deals with structures and organization. However, discrimination would be wise here; Pisces may pull us into destructive choice patterns for the sake of escapism rather than truly spiritual experiences that bring healing. We may experience victim/martyr consciousness as a result of these aspects, as well as the release of buried emotions that have held us back until now. Allowing feelings to surface without judgment for the sake of inner cleansing will clear the way for a greater integration of self.
Uranus, Mars, and the Nodes
Uranus stations direct at the Solstice, giving us the drive and innovative vision to take radical action in all areas of life (especially in career and partnerships)! Venus adds her partnership/money/aesthetics-centered energies to the ongoing Uranus-Pluto square, bringing the likelihood of profound and empowering awakenings in these areas. Mars also forms a sextile link to Uranus and the nodes, igniting our impulse for action that frees us from constraints of the past. We are moving into greater alignment with Cosmic Consciousness, and the unprecedented astrological patterns at play act as catalysts to move us forward on our journey into love and Oneness on Earth.
Saturn in Sagittarius
As Saturn’s time in Scorpio draws to a close, feelings of fear, restrictions, cynicism, and self-doubt are surfacing for many. This provides an opportunity to examine our deepest doubts and shadow to embrace the truth of our own worth and goodness more fully when Saturn moves into Sagittarius on December 23. We will all have an opportunity to define and crystallize our truth – and act in full alignment with those truths – and can turn big dreams into reality by taking advantage of this powerful placement.
Key Questions for Contemplation
- Am I willing to set aside sacred time and space to for rejuvenation and to explore my deepest desires now?
- What dreams and visions are emerging from the stillness within me? Am I willing to explore and honor them, trusting that the Universe supports me in making all choices that are aligned with my Highest Good?
- What practical steps are necessary to manifest my dreams into being? How can I take regular, consistent action to see long-term goals through to completion?
- Am I being called to release a relationship/relationship patterns that no longer serve me? Am I being called to deepen relationship connections for a higher purpose at this time? Am I willing to merge with others in forming powerful partnerships to further my own growth and evolution and aid in the collective growth and evolution of Human Consciousness?
- Am I being called to bring a greater depth of healing into my life? If so, are there others in my family, circle of friends, or community who can assist me in this process?
- How can I liberate myself from past limitations to share more of my authentic self with the world? Am I willing to begin releasing feelings of insecurity, fear, and self-doubt to step more fully into alignment with my truths and life purpose?