With the watery giant Neptune heading towards a standstill and an abundance of personal planets in Scorpio, our emotions are likely to be on high, and there will be no shortage of potentially intense and cathartic emotional experiences (especially for sensitive types). Tears of love, compassion, or sadness will flow for many of us, poured forth as deep sensitivity to beauty and suffering becomes more pervasive in the collective atmosphere. For some, feelings of being adrift or lost in life will be prevalent, as will feelings of helplessness/hopelessness, self-pity, or identification with victim/martyr archetypes. Of course, not everyone will experience feelings quite this dramatic, since much depends on where our personal planets lie within the horoscope. Those with natal planets in Pisces from 0-11 degrees (or those with personal planets/points at 29 degrees Aquarius), or any personal planets/points in the mutable signs of Sagittarius, Virgo, or Gemini, will be especially tuned in to these energies now. And if you're like me, with Neptune playing any key role in your birth chart (yours truly has Neptune conjunct a Sagittarian sun at 0.0 degrees!), you'll be feeling the effects prior to this station direct dramatically, too.
Some tips for navigating your way through the tumultuous Neptunian waves of emotion:
- Allow yourself to *feel* the feelings surfacing within you; acceptance clears the way for release of emotions without judgement.
- Set aside some quiet time to be present with your feelings; cry, meditate, listen to music, schedule a healing energy session, or anything else that soothes the soul.
- Grounding to reconnect with the physical body is important after any emotional release, and the more intense and deeply cleansing the release, the more grounding you may need! Massage your feet, schedule a massage, take a walk in nature, do yoga/other physical exercise.
- Dancing or drumming are wonderful ways to make use of strong Neptunian/Piscean creative energies in ways that can be emotionally cathartic and keep you in touch with your body at the same time.
- Know that any intense feelings will begin to pass as Neptune moves direct on November 16.
Are you feeling the strong water energies now? If so, how are you moving through these changing energies? I've had a good long cry and will ground and continue my personal healing with Energy Medicine, a LaHo-Chi session/meditation, and a gentle workout later today.