Earth Day Cacao Ceremony
This Earth day, you are invited to gather with those of like Mind and Heart in celebrating and attuning to the Great Mother in her many aspects - the soil, rocks, and roots beneath our feet, the trees that stretch towards the sky, the murmuring of streams, the interplay of wind and waves and the cycles of life inherent in everything - to honor her, to feel her love more fully, to honor our precious bodies, and commune with the sensual medicine of ceremonial cacao.
If you feel called, you may bring poetry, songs, brief passages and writings, and more, as an ode to the Earth. We'll celebrate with drumming and dancing once cacao's magic is flowing through our veins - come ready to meditate, dream, dance, sing, and play!
Ceremonialist, astrological intuitive, intuitive visionary healer, and musician Jennifer Elen Brid creates a sacred space within which powerful magic can unfold. Held safe in the circle of Heart-centered ceremony, she will lead a channeled meditation to bring forth messages and guidance for the group as it's aligned for the highest good.
Some of the benefits of ceremonial cacao include:
· Feelings of bliss, joy, love, and a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
· Being able to discern true desires from those not aligned with your Highest Good
· Courage and clarity in communicating truth to others
· Experiencing moments of clarity in confusing or difficult situations
· An upswing in creative inspiration and output
· Increased energy levels (most notable for the first 4–6 hours after drinking) due to theobromine and caffeine content
· Deeper sleep; may facilitate lucid dreaming
· Relief from depression and anxiety; a returning to a more natural state of harmony, happiness, and well-being due to containing MAOI inhibitors (natural antidepressant), along with other powerful neuro modulators
· 30–40% increase in oxygen levels in the blood
· Antioxidant boost (cacao is the highest antioxidant superfood on the planet!)
· The creation of new neural pathways in the brain
· Natural aphrodisiac properties
Those who are pregnant, have heart conditions or high blood pressure, are pregnant or nursing, on antidepressants, or on a deep physical detox can usually drink cacao in smaller amounts. Please contact Jennifer with questions.
What to Bring:
- A Mask. Though we will plan on being outside in the event of warm weather, masks are still required when entering Joy Center. Please contact Jennifer with questions or concerns.
- Water (cacao is naturally dehydrating, and you'll want to get the last bits of cacao out of your cup or goblet anyway!)
- A special goblet or vessel for drinking cacao (optional), 2-4 oz. size. There will also be vessels on hand.
- Any poems, brief readings, songs, or other Earth-themed shared from the heart that you wish to share.
- Any special sacred objects you wish to have with you during ceremony - stones, oracle card decks, a journal.
- A drum or other small instrument, if you feel called.
RSVP by April 20, as space is limited.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Partial refunds are available through April 20.
Event location: The Joy Center, 1492 Southwood Drive, Ishpeming MI 49849
Please contact Jennifer with questions at email@example.com or 906-399-6326.