Winter Solstice Cacao Ceremony
Celebrate the Winter Solstice time of retreat and dreaming with a deeply healing, nurturing, and regenerative cacao ceremony at the Joy Center in Ishpeming.
At the Dark of the Year, we celebrate the return of the Light both within and without, gathering in the spirit of Oneness and Love, held within the weave of Cacao Deva's magic.
The sensual superfood brew that is ceremonial cacao brings an exquisitely delicious, soulful medicine as support for our inner sojourns and the healing and regeneration that is sought. By communing with her playfully enlivening and heart-healing gifts, we slip into deeper meditative states and can access creativity more fully; align with our deepest truths that allow for greater confidence and authentic self-expression; and commune with a medicine proven to bring powerful physical healing on many levels.
What To Expect
We'll explore the astrology of this year's Solstice gateway - one full of potential for profound healing, shifts in the direction of self-actualization, peace, and abundance as we move through the final of three squares between SATURN and URANUS this year that have been making waves to bring about the fuller manifestation of Heaven on Earth.
After discussion, we'll commune in a ceremony format that honors the Four Directions, the Elements, including a Call for Peace in all directions. Shamanic hand drumming, chanting, and channeled meditation/visualizations take you more deeply into your Heart and Inner Knowing, allowing for a more profound experience of peace, rejuvenation, connecting with inner wisdom, and inspiration for the winter months to come.
Time for sharing our personal experiences, along with a group Solstice oracle card reading and/or channeled message, round out the circle as we feel the Oneness in our Hearts, carrying that unified sense of love, solidarity, and strength into the world as the circle is complete.
Benefits of ceremonial cacao include:
· Feelings of bliss, joy, love, and a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
· Being able to discern true desires from those not aligned with your Highest Good
· Courage and clarity in communicating truth to others
· Experiencing moments of clarity in confusing or difficult situations
· An upswing in creative inspiration and output
· Increased energy levels (most notable for the first 4–6 hours after drinking) due to theobromine and caffeine content
· Deeper sleep; may facilitate lucid dreaming
· Relief from depression and anxiety; a returning to a more natural state of harmony, happiness, and well-being due to containing MAOI inhibitors (natural antidepressant), along with other powerful neuro modulators
· 30–40% increase in oxygen levels in the blood
· Antioxidant boost (cacao is the highest antioxidant superfood on the planet!)
· The creation of new neural pathways in the brain
· Natural aphrodisiac properties
What to Know and Bring
**Please arrive on time or early, as we'll be doing short introductions and will be casting a circle for ceremony. It is important that this element of ritual be honored as sacred and remain free of interruptions.**
What to Bring:
- A mask. Masks are required for all attendees. Your care and consideration for others is deeply appreciated. (Of course, masks will be lowered when drinking.) Attendance will also be capped for social distancing. Please contact Jennifer with questions or concerns.
- Water (cacao is naturally dehydrating, and you'll want to get the last bits of cacao out of your cup or goblet anyway!)
- A special goblet or vessel for drinking cacao (optional), 2-4 oz. size
- A journal and something to write with; collage or art materials if inspiration strikes
- Any special, small sacred objects you wish to have with you during ceremony - stones, oracle card decks
- A drum or other small instrument, if you feel called.
Registration and Refunds
Registration deadline December 20. Refunds are available through December 18; partial refunds are available through December 21. No refunds will be given for cancellations made the day of the event, as cacao is brewed prior to the event. Thank you for your understanding and respect for this sacred medicine, and for ceremonialist time and preparation.
Many blessings, and Love and Light to you this most incredible Winter Solstice season!
Jennifer Elen Brid (Jennifer Howell)
On Facebook @jenniferelenbrid
On Instagram @jenniferelenbrid