Lughnasadh & Lammas Cacao Ceremony
Lughnasadh/Lammas - two distinctly different celebrations in our seasonal cycle, entwined by the mingling of traditions across cultures. Though Lughnasadh is an Irish celebration of the God Lugh's foster mother Tailtiu and Lammas is traditionally a Christian holy day celebrating the year's first grain harvest in the blessing of loaves of bread, they are often celebrated and referenced together, each with enriching points for celebration, contemplation, and deepening gratitude.
The potential for celebrating the Sun as life-giving force and attuning to abundance is all around as the Wheel of the Year turns to the first of three harvest festivals - the beginning of the end of summer, a time to reflect on and celebrate our personal progress, celebrate what we're harvesting in every way, and turn our attention toward preparation for winter in the waning half of the year.
What to Expect
Ceremonialist, astrological intuitive, healer, and musician Jennifer Elen Brid creates a sacred space within which powerful magic can unfold. You'll learn about the astrological significance of this year's Lughnasadh/Lammas, and the power it holds for harnessing more of our greatest potential for healing, fulfillment, and joy!
We commune with cacao in ceremony as shamanic drumming creates a space within which you can experience rejuvenation, heightened states of consciousness and creativity, a deeper, bolder embodiment of your heart truths - in short, a greater, more complete communion with Self and Other to live our truest essence more fully.
A guided channeled meditation and/or group card reading rounds out the ritual, with opportunities for sharing personal experiences and revelations.
The Magic of Cacao at Lughnasadh/Lammas
We'll weave some seriously playful, delicious magic this Lughnasadh/Lammas with ceremonial cacao. Rich drinking chocolate with cacao that's ethically-sourced from locations in South and Central America and Africa, and brings a pleasurable and fully lucid "blissy buzz," it's chocolate in its purest, most unadulterated state. The superfood profile of cacao is nothing short of miraculous, with it having the highest antioxidant count of any food on the planet. It's a fully lucid adaptogenic plant medicine that's a natural aphrodisiac, dairy/gluten-free and keto-friendly that has been traded in place of gold and revered as a heart medicine. Cacao is a miraculous substance that opens us to our deepest truths, genuine heartfelt expression, creativity, and full presence to savor, enjoy, and navigate moments unfolding.
Jennifer's cacao is brewed with the deepest of ceremonial and healing intentions. It's made with spring or other purified water, local maple syrup and coconut sugar, and lightly spiced with cayenne, cinnamon, and cardamom for a rich superfood treat!
Those who are pregnant, have heart conditions or high blood pressure, are pregnant or nursing, on antidepressants, or on a deep physical detox can usually drink cacao in smaller amounts. Please contact Jennifer with questions.
The Benefits of Ceremonial Cacao
Some of the benefits of ceremonial cacao include:
· Feelings of bliss, joy, love, and a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
· Being able to discern true desires from those not aligned with your Highest Good
· Courage and clarity in communicating truth to others
· Experiencing moments of clarity in confusing or difficult situations
· An upswing in creative inspiration and output
· Increased energy levels (most notable for the first 4–6 hours after drinking) due to theobromine and caffeine content
· Deeper sleep; may facilitate lucid dreaming
· Relief from depression and anxiety; a returning to a more natural state of harmony, happiness, and well-being due to containing MAOI inhibitors (natural antidepressant), along with other powerful neuro modulators
· 30–40% increase in oxygen levels in the blood
· Antioxidant boost (cacao is the highest antioxidant superfood on the planet!)
· The creation of new neural pathways in the brain
· Natural aphrodisiac properties
What to Bring
- Water (cacao is naturally dehydrating)
- A journal and something to write with for setting intentions (optional)
- An offering for the fire of sacred herbs, intentions written on paper, etc. - a ritualistic way to honor the elements, make our intentions known, and give them over to smoke and flame for transformation
- Dress in layers, as UP weather is unpredictable! (We'll move indoors - masks optional - for inclement weather)
REGISTRATION AND REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS
Register by THURSDAY, JULY 29 to reserve your spot!
Refunds are not available for this event except in the event of emergencies. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact Jennifer with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many blessings, Dear Hearts - I am so looking forward to sharing this sacred circle time and space with each of you.
With deepest Love and Gratitude,
Jennifer Elen Brid
Wayshower, Healer, Intuitive, Ceremonialist, Celebrant, Astrological Intuitive, Soundweaver