Imbolc New Moon Virtual Cacao Ceremony
Celebrate Imbolc and the Aquarius New Moon - the turning of the tide in the direction of spring as we begin to tap into the inevitability and hope of spring's dawning - with a heart-full, warm, and supportive online cacao ceremony.
**This is a "brew your own cacao" event, but those who wish to attend who are unable to brew cacao and join in ritual and new moon intention setting are welcome! For those in the Keweenaw, I have cacao available - please contact me to learn more.**
Those who join in this virtual ceremony will:
- Learn the significance of Imbolc astrologically and folklorically, and its connections to spring's dawning
- Why it's a time of year associated with Goddess Brigid and fire
- The significance of this Imbolc's astrology to help us make the most of setting intentions to move forward with more grace, ease, fulfillment, and success
- Experience a guided shamanic hand drumming meditation upon drinking cacao
- A guided, channeled meditation for setting intentions and/or group oracle card reading
- Energetic blessing to amplify our intentions as a group to support and accelerate manifestation
What To Expect
We'll begin with a discussion on Imbolc before shifting into the cacao ceremony, where we'll emotionally and spiritually connect with Cacao Deva before communing with delicious, sensuous and profoundly healing cacao brew. Shamanic drumming guides you into a deeper space for meditation, rejuvenation, and creative exploration within which major healing shifts, inspiration, and transformation are possible.
A guided, channeled meditation and/or group oracle card reading rounds out the circle before a powerful intentions blessing and amplification is shared, within which you'll have the opportunity to share your heart's intentions if you wish.
About Ceremonial (Medicinal) Cacao
Ceremonial/medicinal cacao has incredible health benefits because of its superfood properties - highly oxygenating, synergizing, a fully lucid plant medicine that brings a "blissy buzz" and gentle energetic boost plus deeper relaxation upon drinking it.
Some of the benefits of drinking ceremonial cacao include:
· Feelings of bliss, joy, love, and a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
· Being able to discern true desires from those not aligned with your Highest Good
· Courage and clarity in communicating truth to others
· Experiencing moments of clarity in confusing or difficult situations
· An upswing in creative inspiration and output
· Increased energy levels (most notable for the first 4–6 hours after drinking) due to theobromine and caffeine content
· Deeper sleep; may facilitate lucid dreaming
· Relief from depression and anxiety; a returning to a more natural state of harmony, happiness, and well-being due to containing MAOI inhibitors (natural antidepressant), along with other powerful neuro modulators
· 30–40% increase in oxygen levels in the blood
· Antioxidant boost (cacao is the highest antioxidant superfood on the planet!)
· The creation of new neural pathways in the brain
· Natural aphrodisiac properties
Imbolc is the waxing cross-quarter turning point in the Wheel of the Year that marks the midway point between the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox - a time when the promise of spring and new life begins to stir despite us still being within winter's grasp. It is a time to connect deeply with the fire and Life Force Energy in the belly of the Earth to stoke our own Inner Fire and creative potential; to give thanks for that which has already manifested in our lives; and to plant new dream seeds that take on special amplification due to this penultimate seasonal pivot point that pushes us towards spring's blossoming.
It is often associated with Goddess (or saint) Brigid; with Fire in the belly of the Earth, and the Sacred Flame and creative potency with us; with milk and butter, bread, honey, house blessings, lemon (via Brigid associations), and more; with the first signs of blossoming spring, and the beginning of the return of light and warmth to the world around us.
What To Bring:
- Water (cacao is naturally dehydrating)
- Home-brewed ceremonial-grade cacao (I'll be sharing information on the Facebook event page in the "Discussions" section for those who want to learn more about where to find cacao; for those in the Keweenaw of the UP of Michigan, I have plenty of ceremonial cacao and would be willing to make arrangements to provide some for you! Please contact me if interested).
- Sacred objects you wish to have on hand, creating a special altar space if you wish
- A journal and something to write, draw, collage, or other materials to create and set intentions with
- A pillow, blanket, yoga mat - anything you feel called to have on hand for a restful, rejuvenating meditation after drinking cacao during drumming
REGISTRATION AND REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS
Register by Thursday, FEBRUARY 11 to reserve your spot! (Jennifer will try to be accommodating for those wishing to RSVP the day of the event, but spots for those who RSVP late are not guaranteed a spot).
Because this circle will be recorded and made available afterwards, refunds will not be given beyond February 9. Thank you for your understanding!
Full refunds will be issued through February 5; partial refunds will be given through February 9.
IMPORTANT: Please arrive early, as we'll be doing short introductions (number of participants pending) and will be casting a circle just as would be done at an in-person ceremony. It is important that this element of ritual be honored as sacred and remain free of interruptions.
Please contact Jennifer with questions via PM on this page, or email email@example.com
Many blessings, Dear Hearts - I am so looking forward to sharing this sacred circle time and space with each of you.
With deepest Love and Gratitude,
Jennifer Elen Brid
Wayshower, Healer, Intuitive, Ceremonialist, Celebrant, Astrological Intuitive, Soundweaver
(All photos in graphic image via Canva or by Corey Kelly, with Brigid's Cross painting by Tara Campbell)