Ceremonial Cacao Online Brewing Class - Wednesday, December 2, 7 PM EST
Learn how to brew ceremonial cacao - a sensuous, uplifting superfood revered by the Mayans and Aztecs for its profound multi-level healing properties and heart-opening gifts - in this live virtual brewing class.
This pilot program class is being offered as a foundational piece prior to virtual "brew at home" cacao ceremonies that will be offered beginning in December (dates TBA), but is not required to participate in upcoming ceremonies. It is designed for those who want in-depth, virtual hands-on instruction in all parts of the brewing process, from culinary brewing particulars to integrating ceremonial aspects for a spiritual-based whole-self healing experience, whether they wish to participate in virtual ceremonies or simply integrate ceremonial cacao into their daily lives.
**This live Zoom call, along with class guidebook, will be available for download after the call for those who can't participate live, or would like to access it for review afterwards.**
- PDF ceremonial cacao guidebook. This booklet includes information on the history of cacao (brief overview), cacao's superfood nutrition profile and benefits for mind, body, and spirit; contraindications and suggested dosages for different age groups and specific health conditions; detailed brewing instructions; bonus cacao ritual that can be adapted to your needs and wishes.
- Live Zoom class call. Jennifer will provide more information on the particulars of brewing cacao, with live cacao brewing demonstration and guided simple ritual format that you can adapt to your personal needs and desires.
- Follow-up group call for Q&A
- Personal follow-up time up to 15 minutes (if needed, on request)
Why Ceremonial Cacao?
When this rich superfood is ground into paste and brewed as a drink that's served ceremonially (think hot chocolate, but far purer, and more potent in its effects for whole-self wellness), cacao is a gentle and playful, yet powerful heart-opening plant medicine. It brings about feelings of bliss, dissolves inhibitions around self-expression, activates creative potential, and helps us feel greater love while putting us more deeply into touch with our true desires. It is not psychedelic, but is psychoactive - full lucidity remains upon drinking it, often allowing us to be more grounded and present than prior to drinking it, often experiencing a blissful buzz that's entirely beneficial for mind, body, and spirit.
Some of the benefits of drinking ceremonial cacoa include:
- Feelings of bliss, joy, love, and a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
- Being able to discern true desires from those not aligned with your Highest Good
- Courage and clarity in communicating truth to others
- Experiencing moments of clarity in confusing or difficult situations
- An upswing in creative inspiration and output
- Increased energy levels (most notable for the first 4–6 hours after drinking) due to theobromine and caffeine content
- Deeper sleep; may facilitate lucid dreaming
- Relief from depression and anxiety; a returning to a more natural state of harmony, happiness, and well-being due to containing MAOI inhibitors (natural antidepressant), along with other powerfu neuro modulators
- 30–40% increase in oxygen levels in the blood
- Antioxidant boost (cacao is the highest antixiodiant superfood on the planet!)
- The creation of new neural pathways in the brain
- Natural aphrodisiac properties
**IMPORTANT: Though cacao (chocolate) is generally considered safe for adults and children at the correct dosages, you may wish to consult with a healthcare practitioner before consumption if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing (cacao is generally safe for pregnant and nursing mothers in lower doses)
- Are taking SSRI medications (MAOI inhibitors in cacao can interact with these medications negatively, causing headaches and other symptoms. Cacao may be tolerated in smaller doses.)
- Have high blood pressure (Theobromine is the most active stimulant in cacao, and though gentle at the right dosage, is a cardiac stimulant.)
- Are on a physical detox regiment
- Are caffeine-sensitive, or have a condition such as adrenal insufficiency/Addison's disease (Theobromine is the most active stimulant in cacao and only 25% as stimulating as caffeine, but cacao does contain caffeine. Smaller doses are usually tolerated well, depending on the person.)
Disclaimer: Jennifer is not a healthcare professional. The potential health benefits listed here have not been approved by the FDA, nor are they intended as a substitute for medical advice. Jennifer is not responsible for treating or diagnosing any illnesses, nor is she responsible for any possible side effects or symptoms that may occur after class participants consume cacao. As always, consult with a medical professional, and exercise good judgment.
**Zoom call registration deadline Tuesday, December 1 at 10 PM EST; those who register after December 1 will have access to Zoom call recording on or about December 5 (varies based on Zoom download processing times).
Class guidebook will be available for download by Wednesday, November 25 or sooner.
**Please visit the Facebook event discussion page for more information re: event particulars, questions, cacao distributor recommendations, in the days leading up to the event (link forthcoming). If you are not on Facebook or have more specific questions, please contact me at email@example.com or 906-399-6326.**
Due to the anytime-access nature of this class, refunds are not available.
Pilot Program Details
As a pilot program, you'll receive the introductory class rate of $60, with opportunites for providing feedback and testimonials afterwards. This will assist Jennifer in further development of this class for future offerings, and is greatly appreciated. She will contact participants via the contact information provided on the registration form.